Site visit summary

For my initial site visit I met with Dr. Saint Martin to discuss a patient who was brought in by ems for agitation and aggression at home. We discussed patient presentation, the mental status exam and the treatment options. The patient I presented on was on 1mg of Risperidone and still had aggressive outbursts on the floor to which Dr. Martin explained that the dose of his antipsychotic may need to be increased and that inpatient psychiatry is the best place to increase dosage as we can monitor patients throughout the day.

The final site visit included submission of two H&P, journal article and Pharm cards. I presented a H&P of an 18-year-old G2P1001 patient with history of MDD who presented 5 days after suicidal ideation and attempt. This case was discussed, and Dr. Martin emphasized the importance of where the patient is from, not a specific country but maybe a particular city/village, considering her atypical timeline of childbirth and marriage. While I did include that patient had psychosocial stressors it was not explained what and how they were affecting her which was important to mention. While presenting patients I need to work on being more succinct. For the Journal presentation, I presented on Postpartum depression, its etiology, screening, diagnosis, and treatment options which related to the patient above. We discussed a possible harms from postpartum depression, infanticide, and how it is always important to keep in mind a possibility.