FINAL REFLECTION

The two semester Clinical correlation classes were extremely helpful in tying together different things that we learned in our other courses and very enjoyable. It was here I was able to practice taking care of patient from taking their history to coming up with treatment options for the patients. It has allowed me to understand my strengths and weaknesses and really focus on areas that I need to improve on.

This class has helped me better put together patient problems and work towards understanding what tests/labs are required and what may not be necessary. It has helped me become more comfortable with presenting and better focus on the important things to present from the vast amount of information available to us. It has made me a better researcher in finding the best available information to present.

One of the most beneficial things about this class was not only thinking of differentials myself but listening to others reasoning behind why they think a certain test should be performed or why they would include a diagnosis in their differential. It really helped me think broader and find holes in my analysis of the information provided. It was helped me see how our differentials change as we get more information – labs, imaging etc. Choosing a treatment plan for specific patients is very difficult considering the many different possible interactions, it was wonderful to be able to research different treatment options and discuss it as a class.

While I have learned a lot of things during these classes I need to work on applying this to the patients during the clinical year. During Clinical correlations, we worked as a team to come up ask questions regarding the history and physical of patients, we had time to thoroughly ask these questions which may not be the case during clinical year. I plan on practicing to become thorough and quick with history taking. Through this class I have had exposure on how to interact with patients who are delirious, agitated, uncooperative etc. however, I do need to work on effectively communicating with them to get the most accurate information regarding their health in order to have an effective differential list, next steps and treatment plan.